Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Cloud Security Engineer with one of their clients in the King of Prussia, PA area. This is an opening for a full-time/permanent position and would sit primarily remote. They would ideally like someone within driving distance to their offices for occasional client visits and client entertainment.
Cloud Security Engineer, Cloud Services
We are looking for a knowledgeable security professional to help our clients secure various cloud based data and applications using standards, procedures and guidelines applying a risk-based compliance approach. The cloud security architect will facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end cloud security strategy, governance, and architecture across various architectures, and designs. You will provide key contributions into thoughts and ideas for protecting the overall enterprise security of the client.
- Perform a variety of client facing consulting engagements within mid and large organizations
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems based on business requirements.
- Design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow security requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to clients and with appropriate security controls present.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technologies related to cloud based information and system protection
- Facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end cloud security strategy and architecture
- Enhance or articulate overarching cloud security architecture governance across IT projects, architectures and designs
- Evaluate and recommend cloud security technologies and solutions
- Ensure alignment of cloud security technologies to business and security objectives
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise within assigned discipline ranging from security fundamentals to current technologies
- Communicate with project stakeholders to effectively convey requirements of technical and program level solutions
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Have sufficient information security, compliance and governance knowledge and experience to conduct complex security engagements
- Understanding of application development lifecycle.
- Hands on experience with Powershell, Scripting language, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with enterprise security architecture
- 4+ years’ experience in a cloud security engineering, consulting or administration role
- AWS Certification a plus
- Azure Certified MCP - AZ-500 a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in each of the following information security disciplines:
- Experience with security countermeasures
- Cloud based delivery services
- Application development or DevOps
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in each of the following :
- Application traffic management
- Privileged Access Management
- Data loss prevention
Values and Attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex, sensitive or contentious information to large groups of technicians, specialists and senior managers
- Ability to prepare written reports and deliver oral presentations to clients regarding conclusions and cost effective recommended solutions based on specialized professional expertise
- Project planning and implementation skills
- Ability to work through difficult and dynamic situations successfully
- Self-motivation and professionalism
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision, as well as, part of a team
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy