Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Cyber Security Operations with one of our clients in the headquartered in the Winston, NC area. This is an opening for a full-time/permanent position with a Fortune 500 client.
The SOC Sr Manager is responsible for maintaining the SOC in a high state of readiness 24 hours, 7 days a week. The role will manage the in-house and co-sourced SOC staff to dispatch resources to both emergent and non-emergent situations, support planned and unplanned operations, and provide real-time decision making for ongoing incidents as they occur.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- The ability to explain technical threats to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to exercise composure and professionalism while managing both crisis and non-crisis situations
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership skills both within your team and across interdisciplinary teams
- A strong sense of ownership for the protection of the company
- Responsible for expanding Security Operations Center team capabilities by adding Digital Forensics, Network Deception and improving Cyber Incident Reponses, while reducing the mean time to respond.
- Drive a cross-functional team with e-Commerce to proactively defend our sites.
- Manage both an on-site team of employees, contractors and interns, plus the relationship with an external managed security service provider, including contract and service negotiation and service level agreements
- Provide training to global IT resources on end-point detect and response tools to aid on-site incident response, digital forensic evidence preservation, and threat remediation
- Serves as a Code of Conduct officer for IT
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related field of study.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions in management security operations centers.
- Strong in-depth understanding of various versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix operation systems
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking
- One or more relevant security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, CISM, etc.)