Sr Manager Data Architecture
Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Sr Manager who will drive Global Data Architecture. This role is a fulltime role and has flexibility on remote in the near term but would have to eventually be local to the Winston Salem, NC area.
Big Data Architect will conceptualize and visualize data frameworks and guide a team of engineers to build and maintain those frameworks. The data architect will work closely with data scientists and analysts to ensure the frameworks support enterprise analytics.
- Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is on short-term operational plans (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
- Typically does not have budget or P&L accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
Innovation & Complexity
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex. Problems typically impact multiple departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
Communication & Influence
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function, which may include external customers or vendors depending upon the job function.
- Explains policies, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization. May work to justify and gain cooperation of other parties on practices, policies and procedures. Sometimes requires ability to influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Mgmt
- Manages a small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals. Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with manager review and approval.
- Big Data Architect will design, develop, optimize and govern conceptual and logical data lake models ensuring that established principles, standards, and patterns are applied appropriately. As part of modernization of its global analytics architecture, the Architect will also be responsible for review of legacy data warehouse and implementation of migration models.
Some of the most common responsibilities for a data engineer include:
- Be a thought leader and champion industry best practice and solutioning
- Develop data integration strategies and roadmaps for the enterprise
- Architect and manage our data lake and govern our data pipelines
- Aid in conceptual and physical database design to meet business requirements
- Investigate, discover, and analyze data requirements (on-going, high-level and project specific) to inform the enterprise data architecture
- Implement tuning / query performance, indexing and optimization for better scalability
- Develop and recommend data management policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent data management operations in Azure
- Monitor compliance of development work against established standards and principles and work to resolve issues through appropriate (formal and informal) channels
- Ensure data and metadata are clearly defined and documented
- Support data governance from a data / information systems perspective
- Maintain data standards within the data lake, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Establish storage and archiving procedures within the data lake and ensure they are functioning correctly
- Manage user access and permissions for data access
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge/experience designing and implementing enterprise data & analytics architectures required, including experience managing delivery of multiple simultaneous complex technology solutions
- Advanced knowledge/experience in a lead role, either managing or advising large and strategic project teams required
- Extensive experience in relational database and Datawarehouse architecture
- Experience in modern cloud data architectures (data lake, distributed, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Azure environment