130,000 - 150,000
Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a SR. Engineer with a Secret Clearance and eligible for a Top Secret. This role would be extremely capable with Juniper and their offerings.
Role: Engineer with DCTP, SRX, MX, EX
Clearance Requirement: Secret clearance, TS eligible
Location: Columbia, MD
This is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products deployed within the Customer's network.
- This role is with a large organization who is a the leader in high-performance networking. They have a variety of offerings for growth, training, and leadership opportunities for candidates with a passion for Networking and the Internet.
- Job Description
- This is a full-time position on-site at the customer location and may require long work hours. On-site technical support to the customer may require the Resident Engineer to have:
- Strong understanding of Time Division Multiplexing, TDM Networks and network timing.
- Working knowledge of Juniper CTP.
- Strong understanding of network security, including security concepts to such as IPsec, defense in depth, etc.
- Understanding of routing and switching concepts to include BGP, OSPF, MPLS, L3VPN, and EVPN, as well as Layer 2 technologies (STP, Fabric technologies )
- Motivated, self started that can take direction but also identify and engage in areas to improve network operations and design Juniper products to support include; CTP, SRX, EX and accompanying network management platforms
- Well rounded experience in all aspects of networking to include; routing, switching, security and data center.
Ideal strengths and experiences include:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Must be able to describe problems in detail and demonstrate attempts to solve.
- Must be able to describe solutions to customers.
- Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
- Self starter, team player, personable, enthusiastic, hard working, and enjoy interfacing with customers on a day to day basis. It would be a plus to have hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of other Vendor products and their operation.