Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Python Developer with one of their clients in the Charlotte, NC area. This is an opening for a contract position.
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for implementing data and analytics capabilities and platforms including the data management and integration capabilities, enterprise reference data, and analytics platforms. This position will play a key role in the design and implementation of new and existing platform architecture frameworks, software & hardware technologies, as well as the evaluation and selection on premise and cloud technologies.
Evolve technology products to meet and exceed needs:
- Understand and contribute to the "full stack" of development (designs and products)
- Produce quality code, releases and fixes
- Deliver technology products according to business needs
- Build resilient products/features which are easily maintainable
- Optimize application development and product quality
Collaborate in a high performing team and an elite technology community
As part of the Data & Analytics Engineering team, the Software Development Engineer will play a critical design, deliver, and operationalize end to end data and analytics capabilities and solutions; from consultation through operations.
The Data Management & Analytics Framework
- Part of the team that will:
- Build the core data management and analytics framework to drive the end-to-end digital platform for the Company.
- Partner with architecture and infrastructure, security, and administration to design, implement, and operate a data integration, standardization, and consumption platform to ensure consistent use of information across partner organizations.
- Develop and operationalize full life-cycle of data and analytic solutions into business processes to maximize the value.
- Manage, support and modernize analytic capabilities as a managed service including research environments, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and shifting of tactical solutions to industrialized frameworks.
- Collaborate with architecture, product management, and other engineering teams to enable the development of complex data and analytics solutions.
Quality Assurance, Operations & Production Support
- Develop the discipline to ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Identify and realize opportunities to harden, modernize, and improve overall resilience of new and existing capabilities, systems, and platforms.
- Identify and realize opportunities to leverage automation and improve processes to “shift left”
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of experience of Python development
- Multiple years of experience developing software solutions in Python.
- Experienced with modern software development - Agile/Scrum methodology, Cloud platforms and technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, automated testing
- Experience with Azure DevOps a big plus.
- Experience developing and deploying complex applications using Python.
- Experience developing event driven solutions.
- Experience with messaging technologies a plus (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ).
- Experienced in developing, deploying and maintaining transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Experienced in execution and delivery in/with large organizations (especially within Financial Industry), complex functional environments, and dispersed geographies.
- Demonstrated contribution as a software development engineer for large, complex, multi-disciplinary systems implementation projects.
- Understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in insurance and/or financial services industry
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative.
- Ability and desire to be a primary contributor on key projects from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or other technical fields. Coding and Data Science boot camps coupled with other advanced degrees and proven experience are fully considered. Higher level degree is strongly preferred.
This is a W2 role and sponsorship is currently not an option. No third party candidates will be considered.