Position Overview: Prosyntix is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Network Security Engineer to join our team, in support of a client, for a 6-month engagement in Boston, MA. As a Network Security Engineer, you will play a vital role in augmenting our existing support services by providing expertise in Cisco networking/firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, contributing to day-to-day managed services including configuration, troubleshooting, and break-fix activities.
- Collaborate with the existing support team to deliver top-notch network services to our clients.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco networking equipment and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Participate in diagnosing and resolving network issues promptly to minimize downtime.
- Implement network security measures to protect data and systems.
- Perform routine network maintenance tasks and updates to ensure optimal performance.
- Provide technical assistance to clients and internal teams on network-related matters.
- Document network configurations, changes, and incident resolutions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to continuously enhance network services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco networking and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, routing, switching, and security principles.
- Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP) and Palo Alto certifications (PCNSA, PCNSE) are a plus.
- Proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting network hardware and software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in managed services or customer support is preferred.
- Position Type: Contract (6-month engagement)
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Level: Mid-level
- Location: Boston, MA 02116 (Hybrid; three days in office and two days remote)
Successful candidates will need to pass a standard background check and drug screen.