Prosyntix is recruiting for a Network Engineer for one of our clients. This is a remote, direct-hire position with some travel to client sites as needed.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the firewall arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Configuration and implementation of intrusion detections systems and firewalls.
- Serves on the Incident Response team for security incidents and outbreaks.
- Maintain understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Identifying operational security risks and accurately reporting risks to management with recommendations for corrective action.
- Report performance against established security metrics by monitoring, measuring, testing, and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of information security controls.
- Work with software manufacturers to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Provide a technical point of escalation and technical guidance for Systems Support Analysts, Tier I and II.
- Conform to all safety and confidentiality rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- 4+ years of experience in network administration and engineering including Palo Alto Networks security solutions.
- Advanced level of experience with Palo Alto firewalls. Will function as the Palo Alto SME.
- Deploying and administration of Panorama Management System.
- Layer 3 Routing Protocols (i.e., BGP, OSFP, EIGRP, IGRP, HSRP, VRRP).
- Virtual Private Networking (i.e., MPLS, GRE, IPsec, L2VPN).
- Software Defined Networks for both Data Center and WAN applications.
- Solid experience with implementation, troubleshooting, and documenting network security infrastructures and related systems.
- Virtual and Cloud networking experience is a plus (Azure and VMware).
- CCNA, PCNSA, or PCNSE certification is a plus.
- A Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
Let’s Get in Contact to Discuss Your Project