Prosyntix is recruiting for a Network Administrator for a client in the King of Prussia are of Philadelphia, PA. This role will provide technical and administrative support for the companies Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Virtual Private Network (VPN) for both on-premise and assisting clients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, and maintain networks, all physical and virtual servers,
- UPS, network cabling, and Ethernet networks to facilitate optimal operation.
- Administer and manage backup systems for all servers, including file restores.
- Address end-user help requests as necessary through a ticketing system.
- Perform as backup and level 2 resource for Desktop Support Technicians.
- Monitor and maintain firewalls, spam, and web filters. \
- Conduct server updates including patches (O/S, Applications, BIOS), firmware updates, etc.
- Conduct ongoing Microsoft O365 administration and management.
- Be on-call for any network outages.
- Conduct periodic performance reporting to the head of IT.
- Participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions, and prepare discussion items.
- Assist with maintaining written documentation which defines upcoming infrastructure needs and/or requirements.
- Monitor load balance on servers and make recommendations accordingly.
- Periodically travel and adhere to the company's Travel and Expenses policies.
3+ years of experience in the following:
- installing, configuring, and and Experience:
- troubleshooting relevant network technologies and infrastructure
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DNS configuration, and WLAN
- IT Security experience, especially as it pertains to HIPAA
- Current knowledge of Active Directory and O365 best practices
- Knowledge of Network Security VoIP telecommunication systems experience a plus