Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Jr VDI / VMWare Engineer with one of their clients in the Columbia, SC area. This is a long term contract opportunity. The candidate will need to have an active security clearance or the ability to obtain one by successful completion or background, credit, employment and drug screen.
Position Descriptions and Requirements:
- Jr. VDI / VMware Engineer Engineer will work in a team environment and be responsible for design, implementation and support of an enterprise VMware virtual server environment and underlying datacenter level technologies consisting of Cisco/HP/Dell blade, switches and storage systems.
- Strong hands-on experience working within an Enterprise Network Operations Datacenter environment utilizing VMware technologies, in particular vSphere 6.x, with proficiency with vDS, vMotion, DRS, HA, vSAN, vRealize and other core virtualization technologies.
- Have a strong understanding of different VMware licensing models to help maintain compliance.
- Sufficient understanding of Horizon View 7.x with the ability to build, optimize and troubleshoot.
- A sufficient level of knowledge in PowerShell, PowerCLI, UNIX with the ability read, troubleshoot and write scripts to streamline deployments, maintenance and operations.
- Be able to troubleshoot complex infrastructure issues and work with the customers to effectively resolve them.
- Able to review, plan and participate in executing regularly scheduled maintenance on the virtualization infrastructure.
- Engineer will also be responsible for adhering to change control procedures to plan/test/implement infrastructure changes in coordination with business owners following the company’s ITIL processes.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Possessing a Secret or above clearance, though not required, will reduce the time required to obtain a clearance and gain access to the customer site.