Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Information Risk Lead contract for a financial company based out of Columbia, SC. This role will be able to work remotely but must be comfortable travel to the office as needed.
The Information Risk Lead as part of the Office of Data Management will be responsible for creating and assessing current state and project initiatives on the implementation and effectiveness of the information risk management framework. Managing the day to day execution and coordination of the information risk function within the Information Governance program. Responsible for the part of the program which includes: reporting, testing, development of new tools and methodologies, program or project management, leading special projects, as well as program implementation as it applies product management, technology, business lines or the overall Bank. Lead the analysis, planning, coordination and execution of the understanding, mapping and gap analysis of the current and target control flows for information risk flows for comprehensive information lifecycle management within the context of an internal control framework from record (create the data) to Report (consume the data). Documenting current state and proposing the target state control processes for data transformation, transmission, consumption, quality/exception management and creation. This includes warehouse and application API flows for business as usual uses and as special projects including the most complex transitions and re-platforming. Should have an extensive blend of business and technology background and testing and monitoring in the 2nd or 3rd line. This position leads the interaction with stakeholders and business data owners to determine and optimize how they collect, store, secure, and curate data to ensure that data is properly managed and the risk versus reward trade-off is properly communicated and controls put in place to effectively remediate as necessary. This position is also responsible for supporting and refining the Data Governance Program standards and processes to promote data accountability, validate compliance, and track data governance effectiveness through scorecards and status reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within assignment has a broad range of independence, ensures the Information Governance Risk Program is working effectively to report on the LOB/support function's IRM risk posture and help identify and test for remediation effectiveness.
- Undertakes transversal & vertical assessments of information exposures, identifying Information risks, evaluating their potential impact and reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls.
- Work with other risk functions especially information security, to develop and implement controls that mitigate risks.
- Once the controls are in place, continues to monitor controls and 1st line risk management inherent risks and the prevalent risk environment recommending incremental recommendations for improvement to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels.
- Oversees the execution of the IRM risk management standards and procedures; developing IRM risk management analysis reports; developing approval procedures and guidelines on IRM risk limits by type of product and/or transaction (where appropriate); and in establishing management and administrative procedures to ensure adherence to the same.
- Counsels business unit managers on IRM risk management issues.
- May participate in evaluating new projects, products, changes to the channels through which products are offered, and technology impact assessments for their impacts on the bank's or LOB's IRM risk profile.
- Lead documentation and creation of ODM Internal control framework within the data governance and management domain
- Lead identification, tracking, root cause analysis, and monitoring of data control issues and remediation plans and execution through control standards across the enterprise
- Research and apply data best practices to offer guidance to control owners by identifying areas for data lifecycle improvement and potential solutions
- Assist the Enterprise Data Director in driving Office of Data Management initiatives. Provide weekly team status reports and updates on key business partners’ progress towards implementing data governance internal control framework.
- As a knowledge management coordinator, assist and guide control owners in maintaining risk registers and control libraries and associated metadata information within the enterprise data catalogue.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the data architectures and integrations to ensure compliance for manual and automated controls in line with the data governance standards and policies
- Participate in a variety of activities related to data governance, data strategy implementation, data modeling, data requirements, risk assessments, identification of data challenges, modeling, data manipulation, and/or requirement elicitation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Minimum 10 years of business analyst/business process improvement experience that includes experience building and/or analyzing data ingestion frameworks
- Data Architecture, Erwin, BPMN, TOGAF or other modelling and process orchestration framework experience
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced with data management processes, metadata management, data stewardship, and data quality
- Experience and knowledge of Data Management Tools (e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Alation, etc.)
- Understanding of basic database structures and SQL
- Experience with data governance and change management processes
- A self-starter with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Customer-focused ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong communication, collaboration, and consulting skills, ability to communicate across all levels of the organization (including internal and external stakeholders)
- Possesses effective analytical abilities in order to examine data, data models, business processes, and make recommendations on improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and verbal communication skills, and time management
- Ability to work independently