Prosyntix is recruiting for a long-term contract position with a client working on-site as a System Analyst on a NOC. The three primary skills this role would focus on are:
Overview of Role
- Monitoring systems for potential problems and resolving issues promptly
- Basic troubleshooting support for hardware, software and printers
- Basic troubleshooting for servers and/or networks
The System Administrator works within a small team supporting a large enterprise footprint nationwide. There is growth potential within this position and an opportunity to be exposed to a variety of technologies. This is the perfect position for someone who is looking to transition from help desk support/end user support to a system administrator role.
Successful candidates can multitask while working through issues on both phone calls and emails. This role sits within a NOC environment and will need to assist with an on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic routing and switching
- Experience utilizing Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds
- Knowledge of basic networking and routing protocols
- Ability to demonstrate basic troubleshooting best practices
- Experience with Active Directory, Networks, IT hardware support in an enterprise or multi-site IT environment
- Ability and knowledge to perform primary steady-state administration, monitoring of enterprise management systems, maintaining systems, troubleshooting issues, correcting problems, installing system security patches, patch management, hardware and software upgrades, data storage, data retrieval, backup job creation, backup job modification, backup job verification, data replication, system optimizations, updating documentation, and providing research assistance for problem resolution involving configuration issues or other conflicts
- Knowledge and experience supporting steady-state, enterprise-wide SCCM deployments.
- Experience and knowledge monitoring, supporting and utilizing enterprise management applications and tools such as, but not limited to HP SIM, SolarWinds, CommVault, vCenter, NICE Vision Control Net, EVOIP Nagios monitoring, SCCM, SCSM, SCOM, Splunk, Cisco PRIME, Dell OpenManage Essentials, customized SharePoint sites
- Knowledge, expertise, and technical proficiencies providing steady-state support for an enterprise-wide Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure. Thorough understanding of enterprise-level server software including the latest Microsoft Server technologies to include associated hardware and software.
- Ability to manage and perform enterprise-wide upgrades and changes systematically and regularly.
- Ability to monitor systems for potential problems and resolve issues promptly. Ability to monitor systems and activities to ensure compliance with enterprise-wide standards. Ability to manage AD/DC components, such as DNS, Organizational Units, AD Sites and subnets, GPOs, ACLs, accounts/passwords, create accounts, disable accounts, delete accounts, add DC Groups, and perform system backup/recovery operations.
- Ability and knowledge to perform secondary administration providing steady-state monitoring of systems, access control, hardware installations, wiring/cabling support, equipment rack re-locations, power source support, backup media rotations, etc. This assistance could also include installations/upgrades, OS configurations, problem resolution, and system administration or recovery with the direct guidance of the remote staff.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting steady-state systems Backup, Restore, and Recovery procedures.
Candidates must be eligible for a security clearance (clear background, financial history and clean drug screen). This position works on a 4/10 hour swing shift, so they must be open to working first, second or third shift.