Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst role in Charlotte, NC. This role would work with a growing organization playing a critical role in identifying and securing the enterprise environment.
- Utilize 3rd party intelligence to ensure the organization is current with information on perceived and existing threats to its information systems
- Assist with the development of security documentation, policies, and standards to specify the functional requirements for systems security and access controls.
- Monitor intrusion detection and other security systems to detect malicious activity
- Participates in security technology evaluations.
- Work with 3rd parties or internal teams to perform penetration testing
- Provide expert technical consultation, guidance, and assistance to management, the business, and users
- Develop techniques, procedures, and utilities for conducting Information Security risk assessments.
- Identify inefficient processes or security gaps and drive to improve overall security
- Develop ways to automate manual processes (through scripting or other workflow tools)
- Support all areas of responsibility under the Cyber Security Team such as Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, and Cyber Forensic Investigations
- Support of centralized logging (SIEM) solution and respond to alerts generated
- Assist in raising Security Awareness enterprise wide through intranet postings, live training sessions, or other communication methods and tools
- Support and secure Mobile Device/Application Management solution
- Participate in Audits and certifications as necessary from customers or the business
- Assist in developing metrics meaningful to management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or a proven record of success.
- 3+ years of experience in the Cyber Security field
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Security Tools and implementation (, Stealthwatch, ICE, Umbrella, others)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure/O365 security solutions (AIP, Compliance Center, security center, Advanced Threat Protection, InTune)
- Knowledge of database security and best practices
- Ability to write and tune scripts in PowerShell, Python, or other
- Security certifications such as: GCIH, GCFE, CISSP, CEH, GCIA and Network/Security+ or similar.
- Understanding of NIST, PCI, and HITRUST
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with outside auditors
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to use a wide variety of technologies and tools
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously