Prosyntix is currently recruiting for a Cloud Network Security Engineer with one of their clients in Philadelphia area:
Network Security Engineer
We are looking for a knowledgeable security professional to help our clients secure various cloud based data and applications using standards, procedures and guidelines applying a risk-based compliance approach. The cloud security architect will facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end cloud security strategy, governance, and architecture across various architectures, and designs. You will provide key contributions into thoughts and ideas for protecting the overall enterprise security of the client.
- Perform a variety of client facing consulting engagements within mid and large organizations
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems based on business requirements.
- Design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow security requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to clients and with appropriate security controls present.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technologies related to cloud based information and system protection
- Facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end cloud security strategy and architecture
- Enhance or articulate overarching cloud security architecture governance across IT projects, architectures and designs
- Evaluate and recommend cloud security technologies and solutions
- Ensure alignment of cloud security technologies to business and security objectives
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise within assigned discipline ranging from security fundamentals to current technologies
- Communicate with project stakeholders to effectively convey requirements of technical and program level solutions
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Have sufficient information security, compliance and governance knowledge and experience to conduct complex security engagements
- Understanding of application development lifecycle.
- Hands on experience with PowerShell, Scripting language, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with enterprise security architecture
- 4+ years experience in a cloud security engineering, consulting or administration role
- Azure Certified MCP - AZ-500 preferred
A minimum of 3 years of experience in each of the following information security disciplines:
- Experience with security countermeasures
- Cloud based delivery services
- Application development or DevOps
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in each of the following :
- Application traffic management
- Privileged Access Management
- Data loss prevention
Values and Attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex, sensitive or contentious information to large groups of technicians, specialists and senior managers
- Ability to prepare written reports and deliver oral presentations to clients regarding conclusions and cost effective recommended solutions based on specialized professional expertise
- Project planning and implementation skills
- Ability work through difficult and dynamic situations successfully
- Self-motivation and professionalism
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision, as well as, part of a team
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy