Prosyntix is currently recruiting for an Application Security Consultant for a great team in the Columbia, MD area. This role would work in both pre sales and post sales capacity.
We are looking for a skilled security professional who can help our clients test applications based on proven standards, identify security gaps in their existing software development lifecycle, provide recommendations for remediation, and help the client meet their specific security requirements. The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable and customer-oriented, with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to communicate to various levels within a business.
- Perform application security assessments in an as running state for both production and test environments
- Review software development processes and procedures for security implications throughout the development lifecycle
- Conduct static code reviews using industry standard tools
- Communicate with project stakeholders to effectively convey requirements of technical and program level solutions;
- Recommend policies, procedures, and controls and technical documentation for applications, systems and infrastructure;
- Interpret patterns of development practices to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall security of applications
- Develop specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts conform to business and security requirements at the software application, system, and network environment levels.
- Possess sufficient information security knowledge and experience to conduct technically complex security assessments;
- Understanding of application security standards such as OWASP
- Hands on experience with multiple coding languages and application architecture and design tools;
- Experience with security architecture, infrastructure, networking and systems design;
- Possesses at least one accredited, industry recognized professional certification
- 4+ years' experience in an application security or development role as a consultant or in a corporate environment
- A minimum of one year of experience in each of the following information security disciplines:
- Application Development
- Application security;
- Information systems security
- A minimum of one year of experience in each of the following audit/ assessment disciplines:
- Application security auditing; and
- Information security risk assessment or risk management.
- Experience with Mobile Application Testing a Plus
Values and Attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to present complex, sensitive or contentious information to large groups of technicians, specialists and senior managers;
- Ability to prepare written reports and deliver oral presentations to clients regarding conclusions and cost effective recommended solutions based on specialized professional expertise;
- Project planning and implementation skills;
- Ability work through difficult and dynamic situations successfully;
- Self-motivation and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision, as well as, part of a team;
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills; and
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.